1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by hayleyanne2003, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Hey all,

After a very tough year I have just landed a job in Qatar! I am going alone and was wondering if anyone else was heading there in September? It would be nice to make sum friends before going! Im going to Doha......

Thanks xx

2. charmw

charmw New commenter

Hi
    I am in EXACTLY the same position as you! Heading to Doha in August. Going on my own so definitely looking for friends.
    Charlotte

3. Hey Charlotte!

Its exciting but im so scared too! Where do u live here? Im heading out to Doha 21st August! xx

4. charmw

charmw New commenter

I've PMd you x

5. we cant say what school but when did u ahve ur interview? mine was sunday and the school begins with an N x

6. Hi! I just accepted a job in Qatar is well.. with a school starting with an N! I don't know what day I will be heading out yet, but I am due to start in September. Would be nice to make some contacts before leaving!

7. I've just sent my letter and application off for this school.

Well done one the jobs, which subjects have you all
    Filled the vacancies for?

8. I will be teaching Year 2!

9. I am also going to teach year 2. What training route did you do? so excitin eh!!!!! where do you live at the moment? xx

10. I've private messaged you!

11. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have lost count of the number of people I have PM'd over the years, pattymacklem. Well, good luck in Qatar. The heat and the driving can be a bit too much sometimes, but it's not so bad.

12. Hi :)

I am so heading out to Doha in September.

Travelling alone which is the scary part, not got set dates for leaving yet.

13. Hi,

Glad to hear there are lots of us heading to Doha. Would be nice to know few people before moving there.

14. Can I ask how you all got on in Doha?

15. serverservant

serverservant New commenter

Missheidi, Id say how they got on would be very much guessable...there are positives, but there arent many.

16. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

I echo what serverservant says not many positives especially the Isaac schools!

17. thanks for the advice :)

18. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Afwan gazeelan, as we used to say.