1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Janos, Sep 8, 2009.

1. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I have had the experience, sammydodders, of having my TES thread deleted because some idiot mentioned a school by name.

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

This may be an old post, but as it's resurfaced:

You're comparing chalk & cheese.

<ol>
    [*]Chalk - I imagine the typical asylum seeker in Qatar would be rather thankful if they were treated as well as they are in the UK.
    [*]Cheese - Professionals (I believe some teachers fall into this category) are treated even better when they move their skills to the UK and have far more rights than temporary (2yr to 10yrs) teachers in the world centre of football (as it has become?).
    </ol>

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

I do not think that there are many asylum seekers in Qatar. How would they get there? Overland through Saudi Arabia?

Qatar is not everyone's cup of tea, as I have noted before. Mrs H and I were there for five years. Yes, the exit visa thing and one or two other irritations can be annoying.