1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar visa run

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by truth_seeker12, Jun 27, 2017.

1. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

I am going with my family and will need to do a visa run within the first 60 days as they will enter on a tourist visa. Can anyone recommend the cheapest or quickest way to do a visa run for them?

My intention is for them to go in on a tourist visa for 30 days and extend that for another 30 days. Then do a visa run to put them on a family visit visa for another 3-5 months. After this, I will be able to apply for a resident visa by showing my pay slips. Does anyone know an easier process?

2. doubledong

doubledong New commenter

Isn't that fraud? You need to know that that you are putting your family and yourself at great risk by knowingly circumventing visa rules, even if you think everyone is doing it.

3. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Established commenter

This is how most schools do it and send people to dubai for a visa run. However, due to the ongoing issues in the GCC, you won't be able to fly to dubai directly from qatar. I would imagine that you would need to fly to either Kuwait or Oman.

4. truth_seeker12

Its seems to be the only way. Its not breaking any rules. What risk do you mean?

5. truth_seeker12

Yep. Seems to be the only option at £200 per person each time. Thank you

6. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I also looked in to this, however was told that until that my son will not be able to attend school on a tourist visa. I'm unsure how long it will take and didn't want him to miss out on his education.

7. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Established commenter

Yeah, your son would normally have to wait until he has been given his residency permit. I don't know how my school did it but they enrolled my children without their RP - I suspect that this may have been off the record...

8. truth_seeker12

I think its up to the school if they want to enrol children with a RP and it shows that they understand the compiications. It also makes things much easier for them.

Does anyone know price of school uniforms or how much monthly costs may be even though the school fee is free. Where I currently am, the teachers pay €160 per month for food plus each set of uniform is around €500.

9. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

Our children were enrolled immediately, no need for an RP.
    Lunch costs were small and uniforms about UKP 25 each.