1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar teaching offer - Good for young family?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by sheilaleat, Mar 20, 2019.

1. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

But then, 10000 QAR = £2100 - so not exactly unobtainable, and I'd be expecting more.

2. february31st

february31st Established commenter

So the salary on offer for a fully qualified teacher is SO LOW you cannot sponsor your family, a lucky escape I would say.

How are schools going to attract staff without a living wage! The availability of young, single, cheap teachers is not an inexhaustible supply.

3. taiyah

taiyah Occasional commenter

This immigration rule is tough but very standard. It is similar to migrating to Western countries. It is basically an immigration means test that you can support your family. It is also not only for a woman sponsoring their husband. Had a (male) teacher who couldn't bring their family in because they were on one income and the trailing spouse couldn't get a job. Type of passport may also have played a role. Had to prove he had £30-50k in savings for his family to come. Needless to say he didn't last long.

I think £3000/month or 16000QR seems to be a safe bracket for these type of one income immigration needs for families.

4. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

Resident permit.

5. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

If salary is less than 10k in any job then how would a person survive here? It's good that the first one didn't work out.