1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar Spouse Visa

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by sully007, Apr 24, 2018.

1. sully007

sully007 New commenter

Hi All,

Currently teaching in South East Asia and hoping to move to Qatar in the future.
    Just wondering how spouse visas work and what are the chances of getting a work visa after my wife has arrived in Qatar, most likely on a dependent visa?
    She's a pharmacist with several years of experience but is currently a stay at home mum.
    I realise this is an unusual situation but any information would be useful.:)

2. PuRe

PuRe Occasional commenter

Hi,
    That will be no problem as you will be her sponsor, assuming you get a job with a good salary as it’s depends on how much you earn. At last count it was on over 10,000qar pcm. You would need a family visa, this info can be found in more detail online.

3. sully007

sully007 New commenter

Hi PuRe. Yes, she would certainly receive a dependents visa but I'm interested in knowing if she is then able to find work as a pharmacist in Qatar? Unfortunately the online information I'm coming across just isn't clear so I'm hoping to get first hand experience of someone who has been in a similar situation.

4. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

You would need a work contract and 3-6 months salary before you can sponsor her and the kids. This.means visa runs every few months before you sponsor then. Either to Oman or Kuwait and this is at your expense so consider this.

You will also need to show a rental contract and marriage certificate which has to be attested in home country.

5. sully007

sully007 New commenter

Very interesting! I wasn't aware of such conditions. When I looked into teaching overseas, several years ago now, Qatar seemed more organised and better working/pay conditions. Doesn't seem the case anymore going through this forum. I might reconsider if the wife is unable to secure her own employment.

6. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

It can be a good place to work and live in. Some like it and some cant handle it. Comes down to expectations. Salaries and benefits are not what they used to be 5 years ago. Paper work for visas and resident permits can take over your life for a few weeks, if not, months.

If you have everything in order and get in to a good school then life can be great here. Unfortunately, there are more bad schools than good schools. Do your research in to specific schools and see how it works out for you. Hope the best for you

sully007 likes this.