1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar School Questions

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Nishath786, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Nishath786

Nishath786 New commenter

Hi all

I have an informal skype interview with a Headmaster of a school in Qatar coming up. Was hoping for some information about the school.

The school itself is based on an English school in Dorset. The first syllable of the name of the school is a famous American singer and the second syllable is a James Bond style character made into a movie franchise.

I've read what ISR say about the school and the reviews are... mixed. One sounds too good to be true and one makes it look awful. Both reviews seem a little old too. I think the most recent review is from 2018.

If possible, any advice on the sort of questions I might get and what sort of expectations I should have of the school would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

2. sully007

sully007 New commenter

I don't work in Qatar and don't know anyone that has worked in that school either but I'd love to know if I have guessed the name correctly?!

Singer = Cher
    Movie = Bourne Identity?

Hopefully someone will come along with answers to your questions.

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Thank goodness that the aforementioned (or not mentioned) school has a website. You will probably be able to find all of the information that you need, Nishath786, if you go to that website. Of course the information may not be 100% accurate and reliable, but then again neither is the ISR. On the other hand, you could have a trawl through www.qatarliving.com and see what you can dredge up from there.

4. Nishath786

Nishath786 New commenter

Thanks Hippo. I did check the website and ISR. The reviews were mixed so I asked here to see if anyone had more qualitative feedback about the place. :)

5. Nishath786

Nishath786 New commenter

I could give you a small insect (arachnid?) that often lives on cats and dogs. It's also what some people call the Nike swoosh. Rhymes with lick. ;-)

sully007 likes this.
  6. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

www.qatarliving.com is a mine of information on all things Qatar-related. There are some juicy little bits about various schools in Doha...

7. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

There's already a thread on this school. Click the 'job offer in Doha'

8. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Also check if the school has an air raid shelter and what provisions the British Embassy has to evacuate nationals in case a war breaks out in the region.