1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar. English teacher. Salary/package.

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Sanz1981, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Sanz1981

Sanz1981 Occasional commenter

Doha.

Mord Anglia school. Excuse the spelling. You’ll know why.

Any ideas?

2. fullblownattack63

fullblownattack63 New commenter

Hi I have moved to Qatar this year and really all aspects of my new life here.

Salary: Between 12,000-16-000QAR depending on your experience.
    Package: Minimum benefits should include an annual return flight, accommodation/bills covered, some sort of medical cover, settling in allowance, and end of year gratuity (as per Qatari law)

I don't know much about the school sorry but I see a lot of jobs available on TES.

3. Sanz1981

Sanz1981 Occasional commenter

Hi

Cheers for that. Can I take the liberty of sending you a private message?

rw

4. kellyegg

kellyegg New commenter

The petrol and gas schools pay very well and benefits are pretty good, the blockade has had zero impact because the Qataris were on the ball and increased capacity at Hamad port,

5. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

There are a few of them. It's a group of schools. They are generally well paid but can be difficult if you are not used to international schools. You are likely to get the job if you look the part.

6. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I don't think changing the spelling by one letter counts :rolleyes:

However, since there's a NA thread on here that's been around for years I don't think they mind for some reason. They never seem to take down NA namechecks

576 likes this.