1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Qatar and 3 bed roomed villas

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by catface656, Jan 24, 2012.

1. So there is no school in Doha offering 3 bed roomed villas just for me?

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Most schools will offer an accommodation allowance, if you do not want to avail yourself of the apartments provided by the school. The bad news is that sometimes the allowance does not go very far when trying to rent a villa. Of course the villas further out of town and in the less salubrious areas of Doha might be a tad cheaper.

3. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

I don't know any schools that provide three bedrooms to a single teacher. Two is the norm in nicer schools, one is acceptable. Where have you heard this?
    You can often take an allowance as Hippo mentions, but it's not likely to pay for 3 bedrooms.

4. Have pm'd you. Thanks

5. One in Al Khor DOES give 4 bedroom villas and 3 bedroom+maidroom villas to single and non single teachers (this year anyway)

6. Surely you are dreaming! But maybe the further out schools, that aren't actually located in Doha, but to be honest I would sacrifice a bedroom if it meant my immediate surrounding for miles weren't solely desert.