1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Python Summer School

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by HappyHippy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Just come across this - pythonsummerschool.net.

I happen to know Sue and Adam through my CAS work and would heartily recommend the course for all comers. If I can convince school to pay for the accommodation I may well see if I can get there myself.

2. Curses - sources tell me that was from 2011. Sue may or may not be running it this year, but it would do no harm to send her an email if you're interested.

3. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

Do you really need a course HH ?
    I taught myself enough to teach it over a failry short period O.K.so I have a background in programming , but that was largely self taught as well.
    Follow one of the numerous on-line tutorials , it ain't that difficult

4. I taught myself Python 3 a couple of years ago and wrote my own little text book for the students as part of the process. That said, it doesn't guarantee there are no bad habits I've picked up. There are some things I haven't done with Python and I'm always keen to look from tips from the experts as well as the social aspect of actually meeting others with an interest and doing that whole collaborative learning thing that I remember enjoying in school.

And heck, one of my Y11s taught me about regular expressions this year and without them we'd have struggled to complete the first part of our controlled assessment!

Every day's a school day :)

5. Looked interesting.
    I am going to experiment with my 8 year old with 'Snake Wrangling for Kids'.
    You never know.....