1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Python Courses

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Toddszee, May 28, 2012.

1. There are some excellent resources related to Python programming on the internet, which I will be using to create a scheme this Summer. It would be nice to attend a 3-5 day course Summer course to speed my learning up and to check how best to approach the teaching of Computer Science.
    I need sample programs that will work for pupils and will give then the confidence to explore and design their own. Any suggestions ? Are there any training agencies or schools that can put on a starter course for teachers? I think without training 2013 is going to be a long year, with many frustrating moments!

2. There are some excellent resources related to Python programming on the internet, which I will be using to create a scheme this Summer. It would be nice to attend a 3-5 day course Summer course to speed my learning up and to check how best to approach the teaching of Computer Science.
    I need sample programs that will work for pupils and will give then the confidence to explore and design their own. Any suggestions ? Are there any training agencies or schools that can put on a starter course for teachers? I think without training 2013 is going to be a long year, with many frustrating moments!

3. I think the Birmingham branch of CAS has something planned.

4. Lynda.com has everything you need. . . But they need 300 quid in return. The resouces are amazing.

5. If you are in the South Birmingham area I'm running a mini Python course as 3 hour and a half after school sessions in June/July.

Details here: http://bhampython.eventbrite.com/

Jason

6. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

I think you can short term rent Lynda courses. For Python there's a lot of online stuff.