1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PYP Lesson

Discussion in 'International Baccalaureate' started by 4SC, Oct 28, 2019.

1. 4SC

4SC New commenter

Hi,

I potentially have the chance to teach in an international school in Norway.

They would like me to teach a PYP lesson.

I have been teaching the British National Curriculum for 10 years and was wondering how different teaching a PYP lesson would be?

Can anyone give me any pointers or advice about what I should be focusing on?

Thanks

2. The pyp is a trandisciplinary learning where all disciplines /subjects taught are connected under a trandisciplinary theme. (There are six pyp theme) All the grade level teachers who can contribute in teaching the unit of inquiry should have one collaborative planner for that unit. The pyp is an inquiry based learning and driven by the concepts ( big idea) it
    The PYP program fits any curriculum, it is a framework where the students is at the center, he has to be inquirer, thinker, open-minded, independent learner, responsible about his learning and actions, while the teacher is only a facilitator.
    I advice you to think about how to plan the lesson using different learning strategies and tools to scaffold the student’s curiosity, help him to ask questions and reflect on his learning journey which empower him to become a partner in constructing his learning. The student has to take a responsible action either individually or in a group as an outcome of his learning. ( authentic learning )
    I hope this helps you.