1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PVG...

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Dippyheid, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Hi...had to get a PVG form done, and got charged £60 for the privelage...how nice!
    Does anyone know how long they takr tp process...

Thanks...

2. ryeland

ryeland New commenter

Mine was pretty quick, a couple of weeks
    And now I have to give up over a day's pay.
    Do you have to get a new one, for every job still?

3. No I think it covers the whole of Scotland, and to update it is £18, which is paid for by the Cooncil seemingly...probably a better system, but the £60 stung me, especially as I have not been working for a wee bit...

4. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I've been waiting for my second one for 6 weeks now. So much for it being more efficient than the old system!

5. Think I will phone them up tomorrow...can't work without one...but this is GCC...so god knows...

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

As far as I'm aware once you are registered with the PVG scheme, ie become a member (to the tune of £59) you then have to be registered with any other LA you want to work for (to the tune of £18) but some, and I repeat only some LAs are willing to meet you half way (£9 each) if you are already a member of the scheme, some LA's insist you cover the cost yourself and I am lead to believe that one or two LAs cover the £18 fee themselves.
    I have been told that at the end of August Disclosure Scotland's system went down for a while. There is apparently a huge backlog now. I first applied (to join) in June and it took 3 weeks for my clearance to come through, now I'm not so sure it will be that fast.