1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Putting on a sale and 30p charge?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by MosaiK, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

I have sold 2 resources in as many weeks though I am not sure why. :(
    Therefore I am wondering about putting on a sale in my shop. I would like to put all my resources in for this.
    However, I have a question.
    Would those resources which currently cost £3 and in a sale would therefore drop below the £3 mark, then cost me an additional 30p? :oops:o_O:confused:
    Does anybody have experience with this, please?
    Thank you. ;):)

2. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Yes - if you drop the prices and they fall below the £3 you will incur the additional 30p charge.:rolleyes:

MosaiK likes this.
  3. MosaiK

:mad::eek: Hmmm... Thank you for replying. So this is kind of odd that I am in effect having to pay TES in order to be able me to sell my £3 resources more cheaply... I need to think this through and choose my resources carefully I guess.
    I know the 30p charge has been frequently discussed but I am still struggling to get my head around the reasoning behind it. o_O Luckily I have lots of smilies here to express my feelings though. :)
    :rolleyes:

Krazikas likes this.
  4. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I feel your pain and frustration...hate the 30p transaction fee. Can't believe it costs that much to process a payment. Putting on sales is not easy now as I have to remove the tick from all my £3 resources :(

MosaiK likes this.
  5. MosaiK

Too right! ... and I can't believe it costs both more time and money than the sale itself to put it on in the first place... :confused::confused::confused:o_O

6. The_English_Tutor

The_English_Tutor New commenter

Exactly what I do....I do sell single resources at £2 periodically, but then try to bundle them at much better value as I see this as beneficial for buyers rather than TES' pocket....