1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Purple stain - cream curtains

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Supernova_Scotia, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I washed my sister's cream-coloured curtains for her because she doesn't have a large enough washing machine. When I hung them up to dry, I discovered a purple stain about an inch across. I don't know what caused it but I want to try and remove it. Any advice?

2. I washed my sister's cream-coloured curtains for her because she doesn't have a large enough washing machine. When I hung them up to dry, I discovered a purple stain about an inch across. I don't know what caused it but I want to try and remove it. Any advice?

3. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

With no idea as to what caused it, I'd probably go to to the dry cleaners and ask for their help. Could it have been something you had previously washed in the machine which made the stain? Good luck, anyway!
    C

4. Was there a black mark on them prior to washing ?
    Could be a marker or pen that has turned purple in the wash.
    Try Vanish, or similar just spray leave fot a while then re wash.
    Worth a try.

5. Yes, it could be a mark from a felt tip pen or something similar. I also wondered if it was a squashed insect! I will try a squirt of Vanish and see what happens. Thanks.