1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Purple Hibiscus

Discussion in 'English' started by src74, May 4, 2011.

1. src74

src74 New commenter

Any got any ideas/resources for teaching 'Purple Hibiscus' to a top set yr10 group?
    I've read the text and thought that I'd like to set a controlled assessment based on the relationship between Kambili and Papa focussing on three scenes throughout the novel.
    Any other ideas greatly appreciated! This is for AQA.

2. src74

src74 New commenter

Any got any ideas/resources for teaching 'Purple Hibiscus' to a top set yr10 group?
    I've read the text and thought that I'd like to set a controlled assessment based on the relationship between Kambili and Papa focussing on three scenes throughout the novel.
    Any other ideas greatly appreciated! This is for AQA.

3. We are also doing this novel as the 'cross over' text for our top groups and finding a real scarcity of resources out there. I am writing a SOW at the moment for September and can happily send you what I've done so far (stuff on the first 100 pages). Have you got anything you could send on to help me out?

4. src74

src74 New commenter

HI there I have a series of Smartboard resources. Would this be helpful? Sorry for late reply but only just saw your post!

5. I've just found out that I am going to be teaching this in two weeks (last minute decision to start GCSE early with another year group). I haven't even read the book yet. Any help from those who have already taught it would really be appreciated! :) Once I get going with this and create some resources I shall share those in return.