1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Purgatory is...?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by guinnesspuss, Feb 6, 2011.

1. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

I'm sitting here surrounded by paperwork and think this, for me, is almost purgatory, add a form to fill in and that would be it. I hate paper I am forced to fill in by this beurocratic society we live in.
    What is purgatory for you?

2. guinnesspuss

I'm sitting here surrounded by paperwork and think this, for me, is almost purgatory, add a form to fill in and that would be it. I hate paper I am forced to fill in by this beurocratic society we live in.
    What is purgatory for you?

3. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

being forced to walk uphill, on too hot a day [​IMG]

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Airports

Hospital Corridors

Covering lessons where the absent teacher has set "Design a poster/powerpoint for.."

Sitting by the phone from 7:30 - 9.30am each morning waiting for a call from the Supply Agency

Trying to make worthwhile phone contact with any large organisation

5. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

closely followed by having to smile/laugh politely at my f-i-l's unfunny jokes!

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Our local Morrisons on a Saturday afternoon.

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

when i have found the comfortable place in bed and its time to get up" lol

8. My HoF has been off a bit lately with a recurring illness and on one occasion he phoned his cover in and I took the call... it was
    'Design a poster for a superhero....'
    Needless to say I had a giggle as did the rest of the faculty as we were all in the staffroom for a faculty briefing ... and so did the supply teacher (not an internal cover supervisor on this occasion) when I gave him the work... HoF copped some good natured flack on his return...
    (when I gave the work to the supply teacher we added a few dimensions to the poster task to make it a little more substantial for both him and the students... I saw the end results - he did a great job with the students and got them to produce more than 'just' a poster...)

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Picking up soggy dog poo off the lawn in the pouring rain. [​IMG]
    Guess what I've just been doing...

10. Purgatory is a cynical invention of the twelfth-century Catholic Church to keep members in line and extort large sums of money from them for the purchase of Get Out Of Purgatory Free cards for their loved ones.

11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Heheheh - the hoary old cover chestnut strikes again. In future, suggest your HoF books an IT room and points the kids at this website.
    Far more fun ;-)

12. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

other people

13. Thanks for that MSB. I really needed to find a new way to waste my time!
    [​IMG]

14. Cool... I remember using this or one like it when I did my Superhero SoW in English a few years ago... -oh and they were in an IT room - he's the head of ICT

15. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Wading through quotes to find the gist because posters are no longer bright enough to summarise.

16. guinnesspuss

That reminds me of my other weekend stint in Purgatory. Wheeling aged mother around Tesco when she insists on talking to all and sundry. Sorry if it's you. [​IMG]

17. Application forms and letter

Though that may just be this weekend's purgatory

18. Purgatory is an invention of the Catholic Church and nothing I have ever felt relevant to my life.

19. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

if you ask me.

20. guinnesspuss

LOL [​IMG]