1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pupils Progress meetings

Discussion in 'Primary' started by awhita, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Does anyone else have their pupils progress meetings assessed to ofsted grades? Our school introduced them earlier this year and I wondered if this was now the norm and where the criteria had come from.

2. We don't, and I'm hoping it stays that way; they're soul destroying as it is!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We have progress meetings, not sure about Ofsted gradings though. How does that work? Might actually be an improvement on ours.

4. We are going to be given a grade (o,g,s or I) based on the progress in our class and the justification and evidence that we provide to show what we have done and are going to do in the future. I don't know where the grade criteria has come from as I can't find anything on Ofsted website about it.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

The new ofsted framework does have a lot about progress in the lesson observation criteria. It sort of makes sense to use progress data to decide if children are making inadequate/ satisfactory/ good/ outstanding progress from data than from a 20 mins snapshot of a lesson...

But sheeesh!

6. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

OFSTED may well determine (although not refer to in the report) whether progress is o/g/s/i in each year group/cohort.
    In our last inspection, in the pre-phone call, we were asked to provide a single figure for each year group (annual APS gain) along with our interpretation of the progress made. In the one before, the tables of figures we provided the inspector were left behind with o/g/s/i scrawled next to them.
    Given that management are now expected to drill down to this level ... and that somewhere in most headteacher's offices there is a bit of paper with one of those words next to the progress for each group ... would you rather be told, or not?