1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pupils encouraging other to bully me on facebook

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by casper, Apr 17, 2011.

1. casper

casper New commenter

It is 2.30 am I cannot sleep. I was sent on the school e mail system an email with copied in stuff from Facebook, pupils basically tearing me apart, threatening to video my lessons and put them on youtube. Claiming that i have said things about them that i have not said and would never say. this is an orchestrated campaign, by a few nasty pupils one of whom said he would harrass me until I gave up teaching. I have made the school aware of this. Nothing is done that seems to have any effect.
    I was of sick for a long term illness and a supply teacher told all pupils what was wrong with me. They had no permission to do this and breached confidentiality. Now I have this used against me by pupils.My life is being made hell.This is not the school that I joined, there is a spiteful element at this school. I have given my all and survived a serious illness to be treated like this. It is a mob mentality that is also happening oin lessons, not only mine.

2. casper

casper New commenter

It is 2.30 am I cannot sleep. I was sent on the school e mail system an email with copied in stuff from Facebook, pupils basically tearing me apart, threatening to video my lessons and put them on youtube. Claiming that i have said things about them that i have not said and would never say. this is an orchestrated campaign, by a few nasty pupils one of whom said he would harrass me until I gave up teaching. I have made the school aware of this. Nothing is done that seems to have any effect.
    I was of sick for a long term illness and a supply teacher told all pupils what was wrong with me. They had no permission to do this and breached confidentiality. Now I have this used against me by pupils.My life is being made hell.This is not the school that I joined, there is a spiteful element at this school. I have given my all and survived a serious illness to be treated like this. It is a mob mentality that is also happening oin lessons, not only mine.

3. Union. Cops. Local Authority. Health & Safety.
    Find a person or an organisation that's competent and willing to back you up.

4. peterdevon

peterdevon New commenter

You must speak to your union. The school must support you.

5. Very sorry to hear you are having to endure such atrocious behaviour. What is your schools policy on cyber bullying?

6. RaymondSoltysek

RaymondSoltysek New commenter

All of the above, but I'm also sure such stuff breaches Facebook's code of conduct - inform them to have it removed.

7. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

Grim. Don't suffer alone. As you can see from the reaction here, everyone would support you if they could. To make the school do the same, have a meeting with line management and insist that something is done. You shouldn't have to live with this kind of stress and worry, so make as much fuss as you want, because this won't go away until the school confronts it.
    Union, etc, as others have mentioned.
    Very good luck to you. And please repost to let us know how things go.
    http://behaviourguru.blogspot.com/

8. casper

casper New commenter

Thank you everyone for your support. This is so horrible.I want to do my job in a safe sercure supportive environment, which I do nto think is a lot to ask. I want to do this without having Teachersupportline number on speed dial, however lovely and supportive they are. I rang themvery late last night and they were great. I get good results, most the pupils are lovely, but thjis mob have taken over.

9. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

If the students are under 13, too, Facebook can (and have for a similar situation I knew) removed said pupils' profiles. Admittedly, there don't engage in any discussion about it though.

10. casper

casper New commenter

Sadly not under 13.