1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pupil with chronic aversion to blood (including the mention of it)

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Empsallwalker, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Empsallwalker

Empsallwalker New commenter

Hi. I have case where a pupil (Y3) has what appears to be an issue surrounding the word blood in its many forms (there is also the same issue with the sight of it but by the pupil's own admission this is not so much of an issue, because the pupil can choose not to look at it if they are injured). Any even minor reference to it causes instant dizziness and in some cases fainting)

2. Tinycat1234

Tinycat1234 Occasional commenter

What advice did you want?

3. Empsallwalker

Sorry, for some reason the entire message didn't post. I was looking for anyone who has had any experience of this who might have some advice for me on moving forward with helping the child to develop coping mechanisms and strategies to deal with it.

Many thanks.

4. Empsallwalker

Sorry, for some reason the entire message didn't post. I was looking for anyone who has had any experience of this who might have some advice for me on moving forward with helping the child to develop coping mechanisms and strategies to deal with it.

Many thanks.

5. Tinycat1234

Tinycat1234 Occasional commenter

I would speak to you senco and the parents. It could be useful to get advice from CAMHs