1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pupil Voice

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by VDL, Oct 29, 2012.

1. VDL

VDL

I wonder if making it impersonal might be a better start. I'm afraid my Citizenship hat comes to the fore and looking at having right to an education; a small case on a student misbehaving, who is affected, why does it matter, what should be done etc. then look at school rules and see if they are 'up to the job' of ensuring everyone has he right to an education.

Plan B think about ways of moving the group round each time. Use a pack of playing cards everyone with a heart etc. everyone with a 2. I have done it with sweets, scrabble letters etc.

Plan C come up with school rules for classroom; include rewards and sanctions.

2. VDL

VDL

I wonder if making it impersonal might be a better start. I'm afraid my Citizenship hat comes to the fore and looking at having right to an education; a small case on a student misbehaving, who is affected, why does it matter, what should be done etc. then look at school rules and see if they are 'up to the job' of ensuring everyone has the right to an education. Then look at them.

Plan B think about ways of moving the group round each time. Use a pack of playing cards everyone with a heart etc. everyone with a 2. I have done it with sweets, scrabble letters etc.

Plan C come up with school rules for classroom; include rewards and sanctions.

3. You couldtry creating a charter (I am primary based so please ignore if too young!) - get them all to say why we have rules, what they are for, provide scenarios of misbehaving and discuss the consequences it has for everyone and that child.

Then in groups come up with rules the children would find acceptable to follow that would promote learning and as you say a consequence for breaking those rules.
    Then to do something fun you could all sign a charter that can be displayed to remind them that they set these rules, they are theirs and the consequences are what they decided.

The charter could be anything that they put a print on e.g. signing a posh copy of it to be framed and put on the wall, a promise card/badge/leaf (anything really) that could be put together to make a great collage of their promises. If you could make it into a prominent display it will be hard for them not to be reminded.
    Please share any secondary PSHE ideas you have on my new forum http://psheteaching.boards.net Im aiming for it to be a place for good practice ideas and support.

4. You couldtry creating a charter (I am primary based so please ignore if too young!) - get them all to say why we have rules, what they are for, provide scenarios of misbehaving and discuss the consequences it has for everyone and that child.

Then in groups come up with rules the children would find acceptable to follow that would promote learning and as you say a consequence for breaking those rules.
    Then to do something fun you could all sign a charter that can be displayed to remind them that they set these rules, they are theirs and the consequences are what they decided.

The charter could be anything that they put a print on e.g. signing a posh copy of it to be framed and put on the wall, a promise card/badge/leaf (anything really) that could be put together to make a great collage of their promises. If you could make it into a prominent display it will be hard for them not to be reminded.
    Please share any secondary PSHE ideas you have on my new forum http://psheteaching.boards.net Im aiming for it to be a place for good practice ideas and support.