1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pupil progress meeting during lunch time.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by xmaspud, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Is this normal?

Thanks

2. If you know your data it should be short. If you don't be thankful someone does and helps you to target your focus.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Indeed, and contrary to any 'pressure' or 'guilt' trip you are made to feel for declining to attend, teachers are not paid for the their lunch breaks.... It's for eating lunch and taking a break in.

4. How rude tabitha21... never mind, I will pitty your silly comment which seems personal (be thankful). I know my chn back to front - thats why they are all very above average. Does that mean i should give up my lunch; because im a goodt teacher who knows what they are doing?
    Thanks everyone else. Another teacher at my school has also been scheduled in during their lunch break so we will sort it out after easter.

Many thanks

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

we have a useful 25 minute slot after the end of school where our "naughties" have to attend a detention supervised by their HoY and all staff have to be present on school site (part of directed hours, but not teaching time)- this is when we often fit in those stray 10-20 minute meetings on various topics.

6. Basically, all of the staff are covered by the supply teacher we have. Most staff have the PPM scheduled in lesson time and will be released for it. It's just the two of us who have it in our lunch break.

7. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

In my school we agreed to trade off an INSET day for time to attend Pupil Progress Meetings. This means that we can an extra day at Christmas or Easter and have to attend up to 6 hours of meetings at mutually agreed times.

I say up to 6 hours as last year it was between 3 or 4. The meetings are held either after school, in lunchtimes or during PPA. Most staff choose to have it in the lunchtimes before PPA. But this is an agreement all staff have agreed to, not one I've imposed.

8. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

the key thing is the agreement, if only more schools had management confident enough to do that kind of thing....