1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pupil premium in the classroom

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by SJAmaths, Sep 25, 2015.

1. SJAmaths

SJAmaths New commenter

As part of trying to narrow the gap between pupil premium and non-pupil premium students, a few of us have been asked to put together a toolkit of practical resources of strategies that teachers can use in their classroom.

We have read through the Sutton Trust/EEF materials and various other research papers. We have also had a look at what others schools plans are, these are helpful for those that are looking at it on a whole school level, but yet to find anything that gives any classroom specifics.

Have you tried anything? Does your school offer you any strategies? If so we'd really appreciate some ideas.

2. kdrew11

kdrew11 New commenter

I notice you don't have any replies here but I would be really interested and greatly appreciate any ideas you have since posting this thread. Thanks.

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Not quite answering the question, I am afraid, but I don't think that there is always a gap. Pupil premium is based on an assumption that children in some situations will underperform; this is not always true.