1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pupil panel at interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kirstymoss, Jul 13, 2017.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

If you want to see how a teacher interacts with pupils when not teaching them, it should never be as part of a formal interview panel of pupils quizzing the candidate! Have a selection of pupils in an informal session (doing something extra-curricular or showing the candidates around) and observe how they interact. It's then the job of the adult observers to decide who fared well, not the children.

vassa2, agathamorse and sbkrobson like this.
  2. Jaxter

Jaxter New commenter

I recently was asked about the level of discipline I would employ -and was judged to be too 'soft'. My advice would be to also show your strength of character and not let your guard down!

3. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

I was once given a ‘guided tour’ by a sixth form student. She decided to stop and talk to her friend for 10 minutes.

I decided she was ‘fired’ and found a group of year 9 boys to give me a tour. (I had decided I didn’t want the job by this point anyway).

They took me on a ‘dark side’ of the school tour.

40 minutes later I signed out, thanked the receptionist, asked her to pass on a letter I scribbled to the head and then went home.....

The pupil panel interview would have been after lunch. The 6th form girl was on it....

Teachallover likes this.