1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pupil Crush?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by FlapDoodle, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'm a female NQT and I'm beginning to suspect that one of my female year 10 pupils is developing a bit of a crush. She always finds something to complement me on (clothes, hair etc) but recently has started touching the thing she is complementing, including touching my neclace and my hair. This week, she was so close to me when asking me about her work that I ended up backed into a corner (I was sat printing something out at my desk for another pupil), with her pressed against my leg. I made a lame joke about giving me room to breath, but I actually felt really uncomfortable. Am I being paranoid? How can I stop this behaviour gently without humiliating her? Even other pupils are starting to comment.
    thanks in advance.....

2. Hi,
    I'm a female NQT and I'm beginning to suspect that one of my female year 10 pupils is developing a bit of a crush. She always finds something to complement me on (clothes, hair etc) but recently has started touching the thing she is complementing, including touching my neclace and my hair. This week, she was so close to me when asking me about her work that I ended up backed into a corner (I was sat printing something out at my desk for another pupil), with her pressed against my leg. I made a lame joke about giving me room to breath, but I actually felt really uncomfortable. Am I being paranoid? How can I stop this behaviour gently without humiliating her? Even other pupils are starting to comment.
    thanks in advance.....