1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pupil adult ratios nursery to year 2

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by cathyj135, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Hi I have 29 children in my class and 2 assistants. It includes nursery to year 2. Can anyone tell me if the ratio of 1:8 in FP means that over 24 there should be 4 staff or is that only when you reach 32??? Thanks

2. Hi I have 29 children in my class and 2 assistants. It includes nursery to year 2. Can anyone tell me if the ratio of 1:8 in FP means that over 24 there should be 4 staff or is that only when you reach 32??? Thanks

3. Once gone over 24 should be extra person BUT ratio for Rec is 1:10 and Yrs 1 and 2 1:15 so depending on you no's of each probably equals your 2 helpers if you see what I mean!

4. As far as I was aware, the ratios for adults to children in the FP is a guideline and this is one of the main problems with the implementation of the FP as there is not always enough funding to meet the ratios in every school. I think the legal ratios are still the same as before the FP and the same as in England in the FS.

5. That is correct. The suggested ratios are guidelines only and not statutory.
    Also, I think you would be incredibly lucky to have a teacher and three TAs for 29 children. We would all be jealous of you [​IMG]