1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Punch and Judy

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by MissMistoffelees, Jul 15, 2012.

1. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

Does anyone know of a decent video of a Punch and Judy show I can use in nursery; I've never seen one in real life myself so not sure what I would be looking for!

2. MissMistoffelees

Does anyone know of a decent video of a Punch and Judy show I can use in nursery; I've never seen one in real life myself so not sure what I would be looking for!

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Look out for scenes of domestic abuse, baby snatching, violence against the police, hanging and, occasionally, racism. Not a great fan.
    [​IMG]

4. Trekkie

Trekkie Occasional commenter

Theft of sausages I seem to remember...
    [​IMG]

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Dangerous dog off the leash....

6. MissMistoffelees

Ah, so it hasn't been modernised then?

7. There are videos of Punch and Judy all over youtube, but as InkyP says, it's not exactly PC!!

8. I vividly remember watching a Punch and Judy show at my daughter's playgroup, where I was helping as a member of staff - and having to take a child out in tears, because he'd wet himself because he was so terrified of the crocodile (which he thought was a dinosaur).
    PC it certainly isn't. Streetwise children used to watching adult videos would probably be fine though. I don't like watching it myself. But then I'm a big softy.

9. MissMistoffelees

Ok, will give it a miss then, had no idea it was so bad!