1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Publisher needs teacher advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by GrahamLawler, May 19, 2011.

1. Hi
    we are a family based publishing company and are now selling black line masters ( copiable books). Dilemma, we print wagon loads of paper to put the cd in the back for you to use in your lessons. Would you buy a download of the same thing ( far cheaper for you) or is the book essential?
    thanks
    Graham

2. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

My gut feeling is that people rather like having both. This is the BEAM model, and the one I am thinking about adopting for my own next book.

it is a dilemna though, and I have just slashed the price of my Maths Day in a Box by putting it all onto CD-ROM; to be honest it was just an experiment but it has a) sold loads more copies and b) meant far less work printing and collating and posting etc. so there are arguments on both sides I guess.
    Not sure that's much help - sorry!

3. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

I'm always happy to download, I'm impatient and love to get things instantly. Also environmentally friendly as I only print off exactly what I need. However I am very comfortable with ICT. I know a significant proportion of colleagues will want a hard copy. Perhaps you could offer a choice with differentiated costs.

4. thnx both

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Download every time for me please.

Can't really be doing with a photocopy book on the whole.

6. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

Certainly a pdf would be more attractive cost wise and that way you don't have to faff too much with the photocopier. I do like a hard copy to flick through but if it meant a big saving in these financially difficult times I think you'd be backing a winner.

7. I think we may have to make both available but many thanks for your response