1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Public transport

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florapost, Jul 26, 2012.

1. master post has become the typhoid mary of public transport - this week, he is on a holiday course near the barbican
    day 1 - i take him - bus to tube station, northern line to moorgate was my original choice, but i realise changing to the circle et al at kings cross will land us at barbican - right by the venue
    day 2 - circle line et al taken out by signal failure - walk from moorgate to barbican not advised for the uninitiated - why didn't i take him the long way round day 1?
    alternative route - fcc to farringdon - he doesn't like fcc but, having done it, he decides it's quicker so he'll continue with this route
    day 3 - fcc up sh*t creek as some wonderful people have stolen a lineful of cable
    back to plan a - except busses now aren't running as our road is being re-surfaced
    folks - i wouldn't travel where he's travelling, if i were you [​IMG]

2. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

Blimey Flora, is any of this related to th Olympic shenanigans or is it a totally separate chaos? (You can tell I don't know London well....)

3. nope - totally random!! (fcc is the thameslink bedford-to-brighton rail service - i must not use jargon, i must not use jargon)
    the fact that you currently have to wait 5 minutes to get on to any tube escalator in central london - now that's related to the olympics
    he's on another course next week - that's our side of london, so he won't have to go through the centre - nevertheless, i will warn the world which routes he's intending to take
    the full horror of flying from heathrow to go to america next wednesday has just dawned on miss p [​IMG]