1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Public nudity & assault - Is anyone to blame here?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Who should know better?

1. The woman alone

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. The man alone

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. Both the woman and the man

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Anyone? Or just women?

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

No, but then there is a clear difference between wearing clothing and not wearing clothing. Is there any degree of nudity you would consider taboo at a public music festival where families with small children will be present?

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The festival in question states that it is R18 so for over 18s only. There will be no small children present.

4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

As an addition to my earlier comment I might point out that some women might have the same reaction

And some men and women may have the same reaction to topless men

And for that matter many men and women might be equally "aroused" by a full clad woman or man

None of which gives them the right to grab any part of the person(s) involved

Oscillatingass likes this.
  5. Vince_Ulam

Not at all. My question to Frank was not about whether anyone has a right to touch anyone else but whether a person naked but for glitter & bikini bottoms is naked. It is peculiar that you would prefer to pose a more drastic question than answer that more appropriate question.

6. Vince_Ulam

7. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

So it is the difference between wearing clothes and not wearing clothes that affects whether someone is to blame for another person grabbing their body.

And yes, some things are not acceptable. Exposing genitals is generally not acceptable in public, but there's no real reason why women's nipples are taboo but men's aren't, other than the fact that our society has sexualised female breasts (and I say our society because viewing breasts as an intimate and sexual body part is not universal to all cultures).

In any case, I don't think what these girls were 'wearing' really exposed more than young children at a beach might see on people wearing bikinis.

ilovesooty likes this.
  8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

He assaulted her, she assaulted him in retaliation and he didn't react with violence. I wouldn't call the police over the issue.

9. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

More appropriate than what might be on stage

[​IMG]

Or Coldplay, Obviously

Nanook_rubs_it and Didactylos4 like this.
  10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I think I'm sick. I have false memories of topless women on beaches in France. And I was there with my children!.

11. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Oh rubbish. Doctors manage to see dozens of naked breasts a week without becoming aroused and women present them without any intention of causing it.
    This woman has got 'em out for the boys and then belly-ached because someone took her up on it.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Generally, if they wish to be naked it's their choice but they should give some mind to circumstances. Assuming there are no family members or people whom they know, they should give due regard to the possibility that there are traffickers, perverts and others who may wish to do them harm.

Laphroig and Vince_Ulam like this.
  13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

They were certainly a provocation.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  14. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The 1970s called

They want you back
    [​IMG]

FrankWolley likes this.
  15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Indeed. Breasts, however, are secondary sexual characteristics.

16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

He was wrong to grab her.
    But she was foolish to parade her naked breasts in a public placewhere many will be a little 'over-refreshed' and maybe not in full control of their faculties.
    I don't wish to be groped, but nor do I wish to wander around topless. In my youth when I might sunbathe topless, I always popped a top on to walk around or to go for a swim.

17. Vince_Ulam

In a world where breasts are variously amputated, bound and created in acts of "gender reassignment" and in which men give birth, breasts have been promoted.

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

They remain, however, secondary sexual characteristics.

19. Vince_Ulam

So it is said but doctors have been found guilty of groping their patients' breasts.

20. Vince_Ulam

I'm as old-fashioned as you.

racroesus likes this.