1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Public nudity & assault - Is anyone to blame here?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Who should know better?

1. The woman alone

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. The man alone

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. Both the woman and the man

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Both stupid, pointless and irresponsible in different ways.
    Show me a woman who gets her jugs out in public who isn't demanding male attention and I'll eat my hat. She sure as hell doesn't care what I think of them.
    She played the man for a fool and he fell for it. Unless he's been living in a cave for the last ten years he must be aware of how inappropriate his behaviour would be regarded.

Bang their heads together.

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Actually, looking at the two young ladies, I'm not sure I'd actually term them as 'naked' due to the amount of glitter they have on:

[​IMG]

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Thanks for replying. I wouldn't call his behaviour perverted. It was certainly impolite, assuming mens rea. Do you regard sexual exhibitionism as a perversion?

4. Vince_Ulam

I'm interested in the response of onlookers. Nobody else appeared to berate this man nor obstruct him. Other than these two women everyone seemed to take it in their stride, as though his behaviour was to be expected given the circumstances.

5. Vince_Ulam

Even considering the likely presence of children at a public music festival?

I expect he was attracted by the woman's bare breasts. It is difficult to imagine a man running over to touch a woman's elbow to show off to his friends.

monicabilongame likes this.
  6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

An attention seeker who over-reacted when she got the wrong sort of attention? Did he also commit the heinous crime of messing up her perfectly posed selfie or YouTube clip?

Attention seeking isn't illegal - the subsequent behaviour from both parties was. Doesn't sound like reasonable force anyway. They should both apologise to each other and be done with it, save the taxpayer some money.

7. Vince_Ulam

Would you think this were your daughters or granddaughters to attend a public music festival so adorned?

8. FrankWolley

Hmmm... I suspect it depends on the situation. The naked rambler, for example, seems to exhibit behaviour that gets pretty close to a perversion.

9. FrankWolley

I can think of many things I'd be upset about (voting to leave in the referendum, for example:D), but this wouldn't be high on the lsit.

TBH I'm not sure these two young ladies are doing anything wrong - given the place/season they were in.

10. Vince_Ulam

That wasn't the question, though. Would you consider family members so adorned at such a place to be "naked" or partially so?

You do not think it was wrong for these woman to half-naked at a public music festival where families would be present with their children?

11. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Talking of perversion how does one explain the woman taking the video?

12. FrankWolley

In order you ask them:

1. I think it best that parents/grandparents actually don't know everything that their (adult) children do.

2. No. As shown in the photograph, they don't seem to be naked.

Didactylos4 likes this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Rambling?

:D

FrankWolley likes this.
  14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I so want to explore this but I suspect TES won't like the pictures I post.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  15. Vince_Ulam

I don't think the recording itself is evidence of perversion. The recorder does not seem to take a side in this but enjoys the spectacle. Women's responses were ambivalent, with the half-naked woman apparently receiving a "barrage of abuse" from both women & men.

16. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Frank, I couldn't imagine that you'd have been going out with a wife or girlfriend who was going out topless - - - and besides which, at this time of the year, with the winter weather, she might have expected more than she got - ie pneumonia! Stupid creature!

silkywave likes this.
  17. FrankWolley

It was in Australia, so mid-summer.

(And, you're probably right about my girlfriends - in the distant past - and wife; but hypothetically...).

JosieWhitehead likes this.
  18. Vince_Ulam

1. Again, avoidance.
    2. I think they are naked. These women are clearly presenting to arouse.

19. FrankWolley

Disagree with both your points.

20. Vince_Ulam

Do you think these women are ignorant of the fact that most men find bare breasts arousing?

silkywave and monicabilongame like this.