1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Public nudity & assault - Is anyone to blame here?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Who should know better?

1. The woman alone

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. The man alone

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. Both the woman and the man

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Actually going topless is not classed s public indecency in Australia or for that matter the UK.
    Though it is usually inadvisable to argue with a policeman if asked to "cover up"

2. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

I've got no interest apart from hobbymedical in mens breasts. If anyone had any interest in my aged mammaries, I'd feel I had to direct them elsewhere.
    Anyone , and at my age, plenty, who gaze upon my withered, wrinkled, shrivelled ancient body, and don't recoil in horror, really are not going to have a big bunch of empathy with Ms Getemoutwithsparkleson.

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Well, I've already pointed out that she and her friend are guilty of assault, as is the man. They might plead retaliation as mitigation but, again as I've pointed out, they could have gone to the authorities instead. I don't accept that she was being publicly indecent but I think he was.

4. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

that being said, the first thing i did when a bloke groped me on a dance floor for the third time in 5 mins was backhand him across the face. i'd already asked him to stop. unfortunately for him, i'd forgotten the large diamante rings i was wearing.
    i was not going to go and search for a bouncer in a crowded nightclub only to find the git had disappeared.
    i didn't get bothered by him again.

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I totally understand.

6. emilystrange

i don't think he thought i meant it.
    i don't advocate violence in general. but if someone interferes with my nether regions, they're going to get a hard slap.

7. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

We tend to be 'fair game' at the front of a gig too.

8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Is it not self-defence?

9. Calpurnia99

Your reaction and mine. Even a comment I thought misplaced - and I'm not strict - would result in a slap and it was almost invariably accepted as what you get. Now I know I've had "welcome to the 70s" comments but you can have a law. You can enforce it. Most time, nothing will happen. I think the same about slapping a defiant 6 yr old. They need telling. Now. In a way they remember.
    But today - Drunk guy gropes you. Slap him. But hope you have 10 gfs with phones around you and all his drunk mates are throwing up somewhere.

10. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I missed it and won't be watching so go on spoil it for me, what did she do in the shower?

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

needabreak likes this.
  12. needabreak

You aren't wrong, I was sitting on the grass at a festival once when a woman trailing about 6 children under 9 sauntered past with her partner just as a slight gust of wind drew her rather flimsy skirt up to reveal what can only be described as commando... big style! There is nothing like a couple of huge hairy, tattooed flaps adorned with rather large and no doubt valuable silverware to put you off your Cornish pasty. :p

13. needabreak

Nice clip but I'm still clueless, was I asking the wrong person? :confused:

14. emilystrange

@Spiritwalkerness i quite agree. some gigs have been very - uncomfortable.
    @racroesus if i hadn't done it then, it would have got nastier for both of us, i reckon
    this was in the days before phones could video

racroesus likes this.
  15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry yes... I don't watch Anne Widecombe in the shower.

16. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

In the news today, a man wrongly convicted of touching a woman's breasts during sex with her:

Junior doctor has conviction quashed after he was found guilty of assaulting a woman by grabbing her boobs during sex

[​IMG]

'A JUNIOR doctor found guilty of grabbing a Tinder date's breasts during consensual sex has had his conviction quashed.

[...]

Advocate David Steenson, who was representing Queree, argued there was insufficient evidence in the case for Magistrate Bridget Shaw to have come to the decision she did.

He said that the charge of indecent assault was never appropriate for the case and that his client should have been charged with common assault or grave and criminal assault instead.
    '
    TheSun.co.uk, 5th January 2017.

Of course sexual assault is always wrong but you do wonder just what was going through the minds of the Police and the Crown Prosecution Service when they brought this particular charge to law.

17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Obviously, each couple or group should agree a comprehensive written action plan before any attempt at interaction.

kibosh and Vince_Ulam like this.
  18. Calpurnia99

I've got this vision of men and women wandering about with their heads down, eyes fixed on the pavement. Permission sought before looking up in case the addressee perceives the look to have lingered too long in one spot.

19. Vince_Ulam

Any day now some dim, publicity-hungry MP will call for Tinder to be regulated.

racroesus likes this.
  20. Vince_Ulam

How do you find the soap with your eyes closed?

lanokia likes this.