1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Puberty and I am exhausted already

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ok, tis a few years hence...
    but my son is doing my head in.
    HOWEVER, I can see where he is coming from - he is bilingual and his headteacher has told him (and given him a detention for - ***? Had a meeting with her today)...
    "No way do I believe you can speak English better than your classmates". (headteacher was covering the lesson). This after he had finished a year 6 (your year whatever...2 years-ish on) activity in 15 minutes, then raised his hand and asked for extra work (which is the agreement) as he is actually usually working on year 8 or 9 tasks.
    BUT, my son is being a complete stubborny, bolloxing pain in the **** and told his teacher to lick it [​IMG] (I inwardly did a little cheer, I was there when he said it. My ex was too and he also had to suffocate a grin).
    Which I can't tolerate, though (oh, my I was a wee bit proud though - just the language, ye Gods).
    But she is a witch (he need not know that).
    When is this awful puberty over and done with and would it be ok if I killed his teacher tomorrowk, or should I wait until Monday?
    Son has house arrest and no computer until the Summer holidays.
    He hates us now.

2. Ok, tis a few years hence...
    but my son is doing my head in.
    HOWEVER, I can see where he is coming from - he is bilingual and his headteacher has told him (and given him a detention for - ***? Had a meeting with her today)...
    "No way do I believe you can speak English better than your classmates". (headteacher was covering the lesson). This after he had finished a year 6 (your year whatever...2 years-ish on) activity in 15 minutes, then raised his hand and asked for extra work (which is the agreement) as he is actually usually working on year 8 or 9 tasks.
    BUT, my son is being a complete stubborny, bolloxing pain in the **** and told his teacher to lick it [​IMG] (I inwardly did a little cheer, I was there when he said it. My ex was too and he also had to suffocate a grin).
    Which I can't tolerate, though (oh, my I was a wee bit proud though - just the language, ye Gods).
    But she is a witch (he need not know that).
    When is this awful puberty over and done with and would it be ok if I killed his teacher tomorrowk, or should I wait until Monday?
    Son has house arrest and no computer until the Summer holidays.
    He hates us now.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I don't know what you're asking CQ.... but
    absolutely not.

4. Ok, Tuesday then.
    It is his turn on Wednesday.

5. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

CQ you must be so proud of your son - I know I would be if he were mine.
    Sadly, some kids do know more than their teachers. My eldest had trouble with his ICT teacher who was c r a p. Son really did know more than the teacher who kept trying to show him how to do things (incorrectly). Son actually told him one day that he knew more than the teacher. He was just so frustrated that it came out. Normally he was very polite and respectful.
    You probably shouldn't kill the teacher but you could stick pins in an effegy!

6. Voodoo dolls - a good idea!
    I am proud of my son for the fact that he defended himself.
    Unfortunately, not quite in the right way. But I can appreciate his frustration.
    It is hard to punish, when you know, deep in your heart, that your child is right.
    But he has to learn to deal with these situations differently, and you cannot tell a teacher to lick it!

7. Good experience for him in "playing the game" of dealing with ***. However it is comedy gold!

8. I can hear me as a Granny now..."You know, when your Dad was your age..."
    Have you ever tried to keep a straight face when your child tells his headteacher to lick it?
    I don't know how I contained myself...
    I wish this was all over and he would be older and have a job and I didn't have to know about anything...(oh, but I will want to, won't I?)

9. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

CQ I'm still laughing. I'd love to have seen the teacher's face. No doubt there will be a post about "Child told me to lick it - how should I handle this?"
    TBH it could have been so much worse - I presume he was offering his pen at the time?

10. My cousin's eldest has just gone off to uni... she asked if there was a parents evening. The daughter was mortified: "hardly mother".

11. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I read the thread title and thought that CQ was still going through puberty herself. I was about to advise a visit to the GP.

12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

If you're asking when teemagers, or pre-teens, stop being a complete ****, then the answer is - not for a long time.

13. I recently read that they stop being self centred, arrogant little b******s at about 31 (probably when they become parents themselves).

14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

That seems about right to me!

15. What does 'lick it' mean? He told his teacher to lick it??

16. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Sorry, I think it's vile that he was so rude and everyone else seems to think it's funny.

17. You're not the only one, joli2.

18. I would have throttled my son, had he done such a thing. He is also bilingual, and often did tasks in his mother tongue which were way too easy for him. Arrogance isn't charming.

19. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I would have been mortified

20. Yep, that's more or less what it means.
    Indeed.