1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PTLLS to PGCE

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Jazmyn, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have just completed my PTLLS qualification and have been teaching in adult ed. for 6 months (life drawing and photography). My goal has always been to teach art in secondary and the PTLLS was really something to do in the time before my PGCE course starts in Sept. My question is to what extent is the PTLLS similar or dissimilar to the PGCE? I am doing the PGCE in a SCITT so it will be primarily in-class based but with one day a week professional studies.

Will I be learning similar things to the PTLLS? How will it differ? How vast is the leap in terms of essay writing, planning and preparation?

I'm very exciting and hoping that the knowledge I have gained will be transferable in part, at least.

Jaz

PS. Apologies for the lack of text formatting, it appears my computer has never heard of paragraphs!

2. Really? No one here has done PTLLS and a PGCE? :(