1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ptimary Teaching Help???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by zsiddiqui123, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Can u get in to do primary teaching after doing a BA (hons)in childhood and youth studies???

2. Can u get in to do primary teaching after doing a BA (hons)in childhood and youth studies???

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

You'd need to do a pgce, is that what you're asking?

4. yeah would i be able to do a primary pgce after that degree???

5. You would have to ask the universities that you would apply to if your degree met their requirements.

6. oh ok thnakyou for your help

7. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Feel free to correct if I'm wrong, but I think most degrees subjects would be considered for a pgce, although obviously your grade would be a factor.

8. You could do a BA (hons) in animal behaviour and still apply for a PGCE. What matters is the experience that you bring to the table.
    Just make sure you bag as much experience in a variety of schools and various environments to help you stand out in your application (and interview).
    Good luck [​IMG]

9. yeah thats what i thought ever since i got my head together been searching on the internet like mad but keep getting different answers some are saying yes other are sayin no so i am totally confused.com ....lolone of my friends done a similar degree hers was earlychildhood studies and now she is a primary teacher