1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PT tutor

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by TUddin, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hey

I am currently working part time at a college and teach maths.

What would be the best way forward for me as I am in my first year of DTTLS course.

I have no idea how to FE colleges work with regards to pay etc.

Please advice.

Thanks

2. I am currently working part time at a college and teach maths.

What would be the best way forward for me as I am in my first year of DTTLS course.

I have no idea how to FE colleges work with regards to pay etc.

Please advice.

3. Hi and thanks for getting back.

I have a first class honours maths (Msci Maths) and teach maths at pre gcse and to access level students.

I have been employed till the end of the current academic year on part time basis and I teach for 8 hours a week.

4. You're kidding! You should be teaching L3+.
    Get your teaching quals and start looking around. Not all maths teaching is advertised. There is a hell of a lot of maths taught in FE colleges on construction and engineering courses, some of it up to L5 (e.g on HNCs and FDScs; there are at least four of us teaching L3+ in my faculty and not one of us a mathematician).
    Might be worth your while introducing yourself to relevant faculty heads in your own and other local colleges. Be prepared to be flexible at first.

5. Hi
    Thanks, I have got in touch with another department at the college and they will advise further to see what to do..

Thanks alot. :)
    would it be possible if you could inbox me the precise course details where I could teach maths..

thank you

6. The L3 BTEC suite of Diplomas, Extended Diplomas etc in Construction and Engineering all contain core maths units, and some also have further maths units.