1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Psychology Lecturer, India..ur suggestion can help a lot,

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by wiish, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Hello.I am from India and shifted to London.I have done post graduation in psychology (from India) and qualified NET ( national eligibility test for lecturership) in psychology,conducted by UGC-Delhi (Union Grant Commission),India. I have taught graduate and postgraduate classes of psychology in India. I would like to know how can I utilise my skills, and knowledge here as there is lot difference in studying style and curriculum.. I have surfed lot but unable to get any idea where to start from as I cannot invest in Phd or any long-term course due to instability of staying duration here. Please suggest what best can b done.... Thanks

2. Hello.I am from India and shifted to London.I have done post graduation in psychology (from India) and qualified NET ( national eligibility test for lecturership) in psychology,conducted by UGC-Delhi (Union Grant Commission),India. I have taught graduate and postgraduate classes of psychology in India. I would like to know how can I utilise my skills, and knowledge here as there is lot difference in studying style and curriculum.. I have surfed lot but unable to get any idea where to start from as I cannot invest in Phd or any long-term course due to instability of staying duration here. Please suggest what best can b done.... Thanks

3. Hi there,
    I guess a good place to start would be a teaching agency (google "teaching agency" and your area or nearest large town/city) who may be able to offer you some supply work in post 16 sector, you will need to be CRB (criminal records) checked.
    I'm not sure how the transfer of foreign qualifications works as I'm British and always worked in England - but you may be required to do a PGCE if you want to stay longer term on a permanent contract at a college or 6th form.

As for H.E. I would check individual university websites and also www.jobs.ac.uk

I hope this helps.