1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Psych A level - What to do when pupils return?

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by benbrownlee, May 16, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Without wanting to wish time away, i've started thinking about what to do when AS pupils return from study leave. I would like to do something 'relevant' to the A2 spec as i will have about 3 weeks teaching and i think the more time given to cover the spec, the better.
    We do AQA-A and, in the past, have tried things like a research methods 'project' which covers some of the elements of Unit4 and starting the 'disorders' bit of Unit 4 where we have looked at features of schizophrenia, issues with diagnosis and some of the explanations.
    Has anybody out there done something that has particulalry worked?
    Looking forward to the responses! Thanks!

2. Hi,

I am planning to let them do a research project- give them some guidelines and let them carry it out then present it to the class. Then when we get back after the summer, use their research to conduct statistical tests on.

I was going to get them to do a research proposal with me as the ethics committee. Was also thinking about getting them to write it like a lab report.

I've been told that students hate this period - having just finished their AS exams and with the long summer holiday, how much to you cover?

Hope this helps