1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE topic - people of influence and people who are marginalised

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by plmccahi, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have been given the task to develop some teaching materials for the topics below:
    - People of influence
    - People who are marginalised

I have not much background with this, has anyone experienced these topics before or has some ideas/activities that could work well?

Thanks.

2. Just a thought off the top of my head but people in the UK who are marginalised are asylum seekers. You could do series on attitudes towards asylum seekers - questionnaires on real people's attiudes - look at newspapers - varying views - Daily Mail compared to The Guardian. Look at where they come from and why. where do the end up living - asylum centres, inner city - terrible living conditions. How are the treated?
    With regards to people of influence you could look at - who has the power? Politicians? The media? Actually, we all have the opportunity if not the responsibility to be people of influence - how can young people be people of influence?
    Excuse the ramblings :)
    Esther