1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pshe through drama ideas

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by schoolofrock, Mar 8, 2007.

1. I posted this in the Primary forum but thought it might be worth a shot posting here too.

Hi

I'm thinking of starting an afterschool drama club with a group of 8-11 year olds who don't get along very well and don't listen to each other. I'm working in a socially deprived area so some of these children have quite a lot to deal with at home. I just want them to have fun, feel good about and confident in themselves and I hope that by being a part of this group, it will help develop their social skills.
    I'd appreciate any advice, tips or if you could point me in the direction of any good resources, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

2. I posted this in the Primary forum but thought it might be worth a shot posting here too.

Hi

I'm thinking of starting an afterschool drama club with a group of 8-11 year olds who don't get along very well and don't listen to each other. I'm working in a socially deprived area so some of these children have quite a lot to deal with at home. I just want them to have fun, feel good about and confident in themselves and I hope that by being a part of this group, it will help develop their social skills.
    I'd appreciate any advice, tips or if you could point me in the direction of any good resources, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

3. Howdy
    We have had many threads on this forum on the subject of starting Drama clubs for various age groups, a quick scroll through the last few pages should get you what you're after.
    If not try 'resources' and failing that get a hold of 'Gamester's handbook' from Amazon.
    If it's scripts you're after ( as putting on a play tends to bond a group) there's some on
    www.playsandmusicals.co.uk
    and
    www.tasteproductions.co.uk
    some primary ones on there

4. Anna Scher "100 plus ideas for drama" and the second book too (sorry, can't remember what it's called.)

Good resources for club activities.

5. might also be halpful for the group to set their own rules and consequences in your first session - guide them towards treating each other with respect etc. You can display this as a reminder and refer back to it if there are any problems.

6. That is a brilliant idea for bonding. Have a look at www.liftedandgifted.org they are a great organisation with a very organic approach