1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE Skills progression KS1 and 2

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by Jane O, May 1, 2007.

1. Hi
    I am working with a school who are changing their whole curriculum to topics. In order to ensure quality and progression in PSHE we want to provide teachers with a comprehensive list of PSHE skills, and some indicators of how these skills progress, not just between key stages but possibly even year groups!!!
    Has anyone seen anything that might be helpful?
    jane.o'byrne@derbyshirecountypct.nhs.uk
    Thanks!!

2. Hi
    I am working with a school who are changing their whole curriculum to topics. In order to ensure quality and progression in PSHE we want to provide teachers with a comprehensive list of PSHE skills, and some indicators of how these skills progress, not just between key stages but possibly even year groups!!!
    Has anyone seen anything that might be helpful?
    jane.o'byrne@derbyshirecountypct.nhs.uk
    Thanks!!

3. did you get any response jane

4. No response yet! There must be something out there!

5. Hi,

I've put a skills progression grid together for PSHE and citizenship, using various sources. I found it a bit hard as some of the areas are difficult to distinguish between skills and objectives,due to the nature of the subject, so I ended up including more than I have for the other subjects I have done.

If it is any help to you I don't mind sending it as any comments/ feedback would be appreciated. It is a work in progress!

Like you I also agree there should be something out there as teaching skills is definitely the way to go!

6. id like to see how youre doing this if possible hikazzy@hotmail.co.uk. On the primary forum there is a creative curriculum yahoo group which is large in size. One of the things members are currently working on is developing a progression if skills and linking to the 6 key skills in national curriculum for each subject. The idea being that if people are teaching in a cross curricular thematic way they can make these links but also be sure of covering all the skills in anyone subject. Also that as a school we can ensure progression of these skills. PSHE was an area we have yet to look at and i said i thought we should hence looking around this forum. If you could share with me id be grateful if you want to see what else is happening in group ill post a link here in momnet

7. hlimback,

would you be willing to share your ideas with me?
    i am very interested in the future of PSHE and C in primary schools and woud like to see what youre doing...
    many thanks

stewarts7777@blueyonder.co.uk

8. Hiya,

I know that this is a very old post, but i wondered if you still had this?
    I been asked to do the same task in the primary school I work at and would find it very useful to see how yours turned out.

Thanks

9. hi

do you still have this document?

can you email it to me please: sugarbabehoney@hotmail.com

many thanks

shelly