1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE / SEAL

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cinnamonsquare, Jun 13, 2011.

1. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

In my opinion, especially in a Primary school, all of the above should be involved in teaching PSHE. So much of it comes into other subjects, as well as the playground, the dining room, peer and adult interaction etc. I absolutely hate the my school teaches PSHE discretely as it often feels so contrived and irrelevant to my class at the time. Teaching year 6, I understand that some lessons would probably need a specific session or series of sessions - sex ed for example. However, we plan this as part of our science curriculum (with PSHE links in that "cross-curricular" column on the plan.
    In my view, PSHE should be happening all the time, and therefore all staff are automatically involved. My school have yet to come round to my way of thinking though ;)

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Sorry, on chrome, forgot the paragraphs!

3. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Yes, while I appreciate that it should be going on across the school, I am referring to the specific SEAL lessons, you know the ones- changes, making new friends, etc. The ones you actually do in class time as a 'session'