1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE resource

Discussion in 'Primary' started by orchid77, Feb 14, 2012.

1. I need to make some form of PSHE resource for one of my assignments and then take it into my classroom. The resource needs to be appropriate for 3-7 year olds. I was thinking maybe:
    -Worry box/Post a problem (post a picture of them if they want to talk if they cant write their problem/name)
    -Something similar to the worry box but with pegs and the child puts their picture on the board if they want to talk.
    -Puppet
    -Worry dolls (the children can tell the dolls their worries)
    -Conflict cushion (the children sit on the cushion and tell the other people how they are feeling.

Can anyone think of any other resources which would be good for this age group? Thank you very much.

2. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

What about a self registration board? You could have a selection of large laminated 'smilies' showing different emotions such as happy, sad, worried, etc and a decorated peg for each child. As they come in in the morning, the children clip their peg onto the smilie that shows how they are feeling. This is an excellent opportunity to develop awareness of emotions.

3. I think that a 3 year old may not understand what a worry or problem is to be honest. Something around emotions would be good. The self registration is a good idea with maybe sad/smiley face for the 3-4 year olds and more faces eg worried, scared, surprised etc for the older children...bit of differentiation there! The cushion is a good idea but again the word conflict may not be appropriate. How about a feelings hat. Child puts it on and tells everyone how they feel today.
    I made a snap cup in my class (taken from Legally blonde). A cup to put all the warm fuzzies. A little explanation would be needed that if another child says something to them that makes them feel warm and fuzzie (compliments or someone being kind) then they can put that child's name/photo in the snap cup. We shared at the end of the day.