1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE Level Descriptors

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by Zoki59, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Hi, Does anyone know how to level PSHE work??

2. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Hi, Does anyone know how to level PSHE work??

3. On the NC site for KS 1/2 it says-

<font size="3">End of key stage statements for PSHE.</font><font size="3">There is no attainment target for PSHE but end of key stage statements have been developed to help teachers assess progress.</font>
    (It then gives the end of KS descriptions for KS 1 and KS2.)

I think there are similar ones for KS 3 and KS 4. Try googling 'PSHE end of key stage statements')

Not sure if this helps!

4. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Ok, thanks for that. I'm KS3, so I'll google it. Does anyone actually level PSHE and Citizenship though ever?

5. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Can anyone help with this at all?

6. We level Citizenship work with NC level descriptors 1-8 and mark work with the End of Key Stage Statements. We also report to parents on PSHE and Citizenship using these. Not the best in terms of assessment in my opinion, but it's all we have!

7. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Thanks! :)

8. zoe_terry

zoe_terry New commenter

Hi,

We teach PSHE and Citizenship seperately and discretely so we have to level for PSHE. I have come up with some levels for different topics that I've tried to bass on other subject levels that link in, until they finally release some levels that's all we can do really. I trained as a Citizenship teacher and found you can not use the Citizenship levels to grade PSHE work - they are two completely different subjects.

I can email the levels that I've made so far if you want them,

Zoe

9. The PSHE association has looked at the end of key stage criteria and come up with descriptions for students 'working towards', 'working at' and 'working beyond' each statement '. This is the most useful thing I have found to help with levelling

10. hiya, I'm responding to an old message so I don't know if you're going to be able to help. I'm struggling to level PSHEC beyond P8. I work in a primary special school so am looking for support with levels 1, 2 and 3. I'd be very gratful if you could help.

11. hiya, I'm responding to an old message so I don't know if you're going to be able to help. I'm struggling to level PSHEC beyond P8. I work in a primary special school so am looking for support with levels 1, 2 and 3. I'd be very gratful if you could help.
    Thanks in anticipation
    Gillian
    houghtong@ladywood.bolton.sch.uk

12. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Hi- what do you teach it discretly with? this is the problem I have with my school at the moment who want to combine it with re.
    Do you have any reources? levels? suggestions? am more than happy to trade?
    C

13. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Hi-
    what do you teach it discretly with? My school is combining it with RE

14. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Hi
    What do you teach it discretly with? My school is looking to combine it with RE and would like some thoughts?
    Y

15. Zoe
    If these are KS3 & or 4 I would also be eternally grateful for a copy.
    Regards
    Diane
    diane.newton1@sarumacademy.org

16. Hi Zoe,
    Would be grateful for your levels please!
    jo23_8par@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks.

17. bkingsnorth

bkingsnorth New commenter

Hi could i get a copy of these, I have recently set up a KS3 CPS (citizenship and PSHE Studies) curriculum and would really appreciate having a look at your levels.

bkingsnorth@aol.com