1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE in quarter of an hour slots?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ESLAB, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ESLAB

ESLAB New commenter

I teach in KS1 and my timetable has recently been rejuggled. I have a 15 minute time slot every morning in which I have previously filled with things like Show and Tell, Handwriting practice and Storytime. However, I now need to put my PSHE lessons within two of these time slots. I am a NQT. Do you think this is possible and if so does anyone have any lesson plans that they are willing to share to show me a possible way forward. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

At this age you could look at it in terms of Circle Time, easy to fit into a 15 mins slot.

3. ESLAB

ESLAB New commenter

Thanks for your reply. Could I teach SEAL in 15 mins as a Circle Time? All the activities seem to be much longer...

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Change and adapt ideas to fit your time frame, continue over 2 sessions. If you're taking the SEAL option, remember 'you are a trained professional'! You don't have to follow someone else's plans/ time-frame etc slavishly. Use the ideas to make ones of your own to fit the particular needs of your class.