1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE HELP NQT*

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stephbrennen21, Aug 21, 2017.

1. stephbrennen21

stephbrennen21 New commenter

Hello everybody,

I am planning PSHE for autumn term. I have to create 1/2 lessons based on 'making new friends'?

I have NO CLUE what to do as the children have already met me + are in the same class. Any ideas?
    Also, I was going to do an additional lesson based on overcoming difficulties within friends but I'm not sure if thats too farfetched for the topic 'making new friends'...let me know what you think please!

Many thanks,

Steph

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

What age are we talking here.
    Reception and year 6 will probably both cover this topic, but clearly not in the same way.

3. vannie

vannie Star commenter

SEALS is out of favour now but they had a whole topic on there called 'Getting on and Falling Out' that had ideas and activities for Y1 - Y6. Possibly you could adapt some of these. Just google Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning.

minnie me likes this.
  4. stephbrennen21

stephbrennen21 New commenter

Its year 4, sorry..

5. JWMU

JWMU New commenter

For making new friends - you could always turn it around and make it about different kinds of friendships and how they could be made 'new' or better?

Have a look at anything to do with 'circle of friends' and the circle of relationships (concentric circles with them in the middle and the child can write in who is in each of the outer circles). How would they feel if there was no one in their closest friends circle?

Also every year 4 class I have ever known have fallen out over playing games with rules, such as tig/tag or football (as should be really in their stage of development). Someone makes the rules without discussion with the others, someone else joins the game who either breaks the rules or adds others without discussion and it all ends a big mess. So how could communication and perhaps an agreed rules 'contract' in the class made by the children make friendships 'new' and on a more collaborative footing?

Just an idea

6. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

Check out my shop you might find something