1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE curriculum map

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by simian01, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Hi there can anyone help me? I have been appointed the PSHE co-ordinator in my school (primary) and the teachers aren't very clear on what they should be teaching. The school 'launched' SEAL at the end of last term, and they have been following the lessons in the books. Does anyone have a PSHE curriculum map in their school? The only thing I can see is that they have dedicated each theme to half a term and that's it! How do the rest of you fit in SRE and Drugs and Alcohol Education? I want to organise it so that I know what topics each year group are doing and when. Does anyone have their organised in a way that doesn't just say:
    Autumn 1 -New Beginnings
    Autumn 2 -Getting on and falling out
    etc...
    If anyone out there can help I'd be extremely grateful!

2. Hi there can anyone help me? I have been appointed the PSHE co-ordinator in my school (primary) and the teachers aren't very clear on what they should be teaching. The school 'launched' SEAL at the end of last term, and they have been following the lessons in the books. Does anyone have a PSHE curriculum map in their school? The only thing I can see is that they have dedicated each theme to half a term and that's it! How do the rest of you fit in SRE and Drugs and Alcohol Education? I want to organise it so that I know what topics each year group are doing and when. Does anyone have their organised in a way that doesn't just say:
    Autumn 1 -New Beginnings
    Autumn 2 -Getting on and falling out
    etc...
    If anyone out there can help I'd be extremely grateful!

3. Hi we have used SEAL for the past three years but it does not include everything so we use the cambridge PSHE scheme of work too. If you send your email address I can send my long term plan

4. With the risk of creating a lot of these, please may I have that too? I'll send my email to you.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Any chance you can send me this too? timrhysjames@hotmail.com
    Thanks in advance,

Tim

6. <font size="2">Hello, i just came across this webpage and i was pleased to see it. I have been appointed as PHSE coordinator. Our College is in the Middle East and it is the first time such a position is formulated. I am very interested in getting your plans and benefit from your experience. My email is: adnan.akel@hct.ac.ae. Your help is greatly appreciated.</font>

7. I can't send an email to you, it keeps getting rejected. Try sending me an email direct. Regards

8. Take a look at www.healthyschools.gov.uk and go into East Sussex Resources area where you will find a curriculum map with both SEAL and PSHE shown. Examples of published reosurces and learning outcomes for Years 1-6 also available for download
    Good luck
    Kris

9. Sorry - you will have been inundated no doubt, but i would be very grateful if you could send me a copy of your plan as i am keen to revise ours. thanks very much

10. Please may i have a copy of your plans , as i am new to PSHE and every bit of help would be appreciate. many thanks
    Po
    pqnw12250@blueyonder.co.uk[​IMG]

11. Please may i have a copy of your plans , as i am new to PSHE and every bit of help would be appreciate. many thanks
    Po
    pqnw12250@blueyonder.co.uk[​IMG]

12. If you could email a copy to gjwireland@hotmail.com I'd be really grateful.

Many Thanks

Greg

13. Hello there, sorry to add to the list, but would it be possible to also have a copy. Much appreciated.
    My email is gina7g@hotmail.com

14. PSHE curriculum map

I have re written ours and have taken the ECM outcomes as the themes for each half term i.e Autumn first half is Making a Positive Contribution Autumn second half is Staying safe etc. In addition a half term is dedicated to Relationship and sex education and another to drugs education across the key stage. Teachers dip in and out of Seal as well as a lot of other resources (including Health for Life-another good resource). The best resource i have found which will really help in writing your scheme is the Lancashire Scheme of work for PSHE it is fabulous! If you want me to e-mail my long term overview i can.

Regards

Lizzie

15. Using the ECM outcomes seems an interesting way of addressing PSHE. Please can you email me your long term plan as I feel this would be a great place to start - I too am revising our PSHE to include SRE & 'fill the other gaps' i.e. achieve economic well-being - I also need some mixed age planning if anyone else has some?! angelay@gmx.com Many thanks, Angela

16. Please could I possibly have a copy of your PSHE curriculum map becajp@fsmail.net
    I've just been appointed PSHE and RE co-ordinator and I dont know where to start.
    Thank you.

17. Wow this sounds very exciting, if its not too much trouble i would love a copy. Thank you very much!