1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE coordinator - any resources and help with audit

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by louc88, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I may be made the PSHE coordinator in my school and have just finsihed my NQT year so not any experience of being a coordinator and where to start. Would be very thankful for advice and resources.
    Thanks

2. Hi I have had no help since leaving my NQT yera a few years ago. Have you been given the subject fike? I have siome helpful dividers in mine that I would share with you if that is helpful.

3. Not as yet - I know that there are resources dotted around. Any help would be grateful :) thank you. I have no idea what to do and have not been told any thing as yet - all I know is it is a focus this year.

4. Are you primary or secondary?

5. Register your school with the Schools Law Web at www.schoolslawweb.co.uk. It's a scheme paid for by the legal community. They'll send you weekly link to a quiz / worksheet based on current news stories which are ready-to-go and the kids love. No preparation which is good. Not all ideal for PSHE but many are on topics such as the riots, health, etc. Here's the link to this week's quiz for secondary:
    http://www.schoolsproject.co.uk/mts/lf/rtstemp1.pdf
    They also include the primary link in the same weekly e-mail which I use for my younger / weaker pupils. I find them extremely handy for homework and class work ... and they recently suggested even using them for detentions ... which turned out to be a very good idea. My colleagues from other subjects were most impressed.

6. Primary