1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE Books

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by Ro13, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Ro13

Ro13 New commenter

We currently use Folens books for PSHE, in our school, I am, personally, not a fan of them so find my own resources to encourage more input from the children, but not all teachers have time for this. I noticed that they are quite old now, as, in 2000 edition, my Deputy Head has now tasked me with finding an updated version of these or similar books. I could only find 2013 editions, now published by Collins instead of Folens.

Grateful for any advice on schemes that your schools use.

2. FormosaRed

FormosaRed Occasional commenter

No idea about what books to use but, PHSE provision is changing from this Sept 2020. All schools have to teach about transgender, cisgender, gender dysphoria as well as same sex relationships. It looks like a minefield - potential to upset individual identities. I"ve been asked to look at it and come up with some schemes of work for our school.

3. Ro13

Ro13 New commenter

This is the reason I have been asked to find updated books, we have already introduced some subjects into our year 6 PSHE teaching, but need updated books to show rest of staff that teach it across our Primary School. May have to wait and see what comes out during this year.