1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHE assessment - what do you use?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by FenellaF, Dec 29, 2010.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Hi, I am updating the PSHE policy and thinking about assessment. At the min, we don't really have anything official. Would anyone mind sharing anything they have got? I have had a look on the good old t'internet but haven't found anything that really tickles the fancy.

Thank you

2. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

We don't assess. Do you have to?

3. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Well, theoretically, I don't suppse that you have to even have to teach it seeing as though it's non-statutory. We usually just assess against the learning targets, but if we got an OFSTED subject inspection, I'm not sure if this would cut it, (but then again, would you gtet an OFSTED subject inspection for a subject that's non-statutory?). I have found some end of key stage objectives and some kind soul has also put on the resource section some levels for PSHE and citizenship. They won't be 100% accurate as there are no levels for PSHE, but they are defo better than nothing and we will be using them when we get back to school.

4. You will if you get a subject inspection. A local school had a PSHE inspection and only got satisfactory due to not having any levels for any children.

5. Hi, would love to have a copy of any PHSE levelling guidance you have. Trying to organise assessment for my school for PHSE at the mo.
    partridge_lucy@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks[​IMG]

6. hzl

hzl

Hi crazycatlady101,

I would also really appreciate a copy of your PSHE assessment statements.

lwlaat@yahoo.com

Thanks!

hzl

7. Levelling children in their social skills and emotional awareness? Whatever next.

8. katherinerowan

katherinerowan New commenter

Hello -
    I would really appreciate it if you could email these across - they sound very useful!

Many thanks

katrowan25@googlemail.com

Kat

9. would also really aprreciate a copy i have been lumbered with this task and doont know where to turn too. In return i have inherited lots of planning and resources i could send back cheers
    Andy