1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PSHCE assessment

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by rovers, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Just been given PSHCE to lead and the previous teacher left it in a mess. What is the best way to assess the children?

2. Just been given PSHCE to lead and the previous teacher left it in a mess. What is the best way to assess the children?

3. I asked this a while ago and got no reply - if you find out please let me know!

4. Depends if your primary or secondary.

There are loads of previous threads about this topic.

First of all separate PSHE from Citizenship as they are two separate subjects.

5. I'm interested in this too. I'm based in a primary school and need to develop a method of assessing the scheme of work..........any ideas?

6. eek

eek

There's a section on assessment in citizenship in the CPD book produced by the citizenship foundation and there should be a copy in all schools.

Remember to assess the skills as well as knowledge and understanding. Self and peer assessments are also a good idea.

Make sure the assessment criteria is shared with the students before they start the task. And as the above poster said separate Citizenship from PSHE. Although, I'm not sure I'd assess PSHE as a means of reporting the students attainment, I would just do plenary activities or presentation tasks to check understanding.

7. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Hi everyone - I am going on the CPD in October with PSHE Association so I can feed back after then but I know PSHE is generally 'learning statements' with Citizenship being linked to actual NC levels. I want to get all the info before I create an assessment pack for our tutors to use. We also link to PLTS for obvious reasons!

Gemzied - can you email me: sarahjanehallam@btinternet.com

I am also happy to share my materials with other PSHCE Co-ordinators if you email me.

8. Please could you let me have that too, if you still have it?

9. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

You can access the end of Key stage PSHE statements on the Department for Education website. From this, you can create your own learning statements for each strand of the curriculum e.g. financial capability, staying healthy, how we develop/sre etc.